I'm still a kid to write a blog about sketch/Painting, But with the motivation from line “The Master will appear when the disciple is ready..!!”, I started writing this adventurous blog about sketch/Painting.May be its not correct to use Sketch and Painting Interchangebly, but I always feel sketch a larva of butterfly termed as painting,where both are beautiful.
I must be an Anachronist to love pencil sketches in an era where DSLRs are trending or I might have been motivated by ancient paintings(Subject to correction,It may include new generation work). Beyond all,the line “Painting is poetry that is seen rather than felt, and poetry is painting that is felt rather than seen” by leonardo da vinci inspires me over all these reasons.Keeping outside motivation a side, My Personal Interest force me towards it.
A beautiful sketch speaks and conveys a message better than thousands of lines. According to me every letter is a sketch, correction here, every physical thing is a sketch,else it would have been difficult to recognize/ differentiate things for living hood,Its just the resolution and the architecture differs and sketching is the best practice to teach, it varies from a simple primary school diagram to a UML diagram(Its a kind of flow chart used by for narrating the flow in proper way (Kind of Blue print of Idea.).
Its just the next second matters:
Capturing a moment makes most out of your sketch, It will be justified well if you are aware of the way parrots speak.A parrot just captures the lip moments when its master/care taker speaks and it just repeats the pattern( it is not irrelavant to speak about this here),Once the artist is ready with an Idea,he should not think about it when the sketch is in progress,Rather he should focus on captured moments in brain for the theme.
Brain and pen coordination:
Sketching is an art where the pen is needed to be used by brain instead of hands.Relative thinking matters more than creative thinking,An artist got to think about the next dot enclosed in the final theme.Some times, when the theme is in front of the artist its just the resolution and coordinates have to be taken care.I personally feel sketching like an alien(May be i'm not a master of it),when I'm out of swing,but i feel it like a cake walk when I'm involved into it.When its not available physically the span of Imagination differentiates one artist's paint from another's.
So
Its good practice to start from end :
Yeah, I'm concious here, Its better to have the final picture in brains before starting a sketch.
My pen is stuck, hope to continue.
Here are a few quotes by one of my favorite painter,Mathematician,phylosopher,....(list is quite big), what not,He is the jack and master of all trades “leonardo da vinci”,who accepts painting is the motivation behind his interest in many areas.
“A painter should begin every canvas with a wash of black, because all things in nature are dark except where exposed by the light.”
“The painter has the Universe in his mind and hands”
-----Art is never finished, only abandoned-----
Here are a few sketches by me..





No comments:
Post a Comment